Museums Galleries Australia Western Australia (MGAWA) is restructuring its staff team to optimally meet the needs of a newly funded regional training initiative.
A new 0.6 FTE position of Executive Officer supported by a 0.4 FTE position of Office Coordinator will commence as soon as practical after 1 July 2018. The new staff team will work with the MGAWA Committee to deliver a comprehensive supporting program to the collections sector across Western Australia.
Applications are now being accepted for these appointments with a closing date of 31 May 2018. Current MGAWA staff are eligible to apply for these positions. As the appointments are part time, there will be some opportunity to harmonise service delivery with individual schedules and other employment and consulting options.
EXECUTIVE OFFICER – 0.6 FTE
$38.00 per hour based on 45 hours per fortnight
The Executive Officer has overall management responsibility for the MGAWA branch team, delivering the goals and outcomes of the Business and Strategic Plan including advocacy, sector development, professional development and sustainability of the organisation.
The Executive Officer reports to the State Committee of the MGAWA branch
Overall responsibility for the development and delivery of the annual Business Plan and three year Strategic Plan.
- Governance including risk management, policies and processes, legal and constitutional compliance.
- Advocacy on behalf of the sector to government, other lobby groups, corporate sector etc.
- Build and develop strong and effective partnership relationships with other providers to the sector.
- Pursue alternative funding sources for ongoing operations and programs of the association
STATEMENT OF DUTIES
- Management of staff resources, including allocation of duties, performance management, staff development.
- Financial management of the branch including budgeting, cash flow management, reporting to the board, grant applications and acquittals.
- Build collaborative working relationships with other organisations within the sector.
- Manage relationships with key stakeholders.
- Advocacy to government, media etc, including media releases and promotional activities.
- Development and delivery of the training project.
- Seek opportunities to implement projects which showcase and/or develop the sector.
- Prepare briefing papers, discussion papers, reports etc.
- Maintain and improve branch resources and infrastructure including premises, equipment and systems to efficiently support the activities of the branch.
- Secretariat to the State Committee.
- Participate in National Council working parties or committees where required.
- The appointment will require periodic interstate travel and afterhours and weekend travel and duties intra-state
View selection criteria here – 20180511 Position Description Executive Officer – Application Version
OFFICE COORDINATOR – 0.4 FTE
$25.00 per hour based on 30 hours per fortnight
The Office Coordinator reports to the Executive Officer of the MGAWA WA branch, ensuring the smooth and efficient administration of the organisation and our programs.
The Office Coordinator reports to the Executive Officer of the Museum Galleries Australia WA branch
- Providing office management, administrative support and coordination for MGAWA.
- Coordinating individual programs (MGAWA membership and projects).
- Managing the organisational database.
- Contributing to the organisational development and growth of MGAWA, including supporting activities and events.
STATEMENT OF DUTIES
- Overseeing the day to day administration of the office and providing administrative support to the team.
- Maintaining the MGAWA membership database.
- Being the first point of contact for enquiries, including answering telephone and email enquiries, redirecting when necessary.
- Maintaining the MGAWA website and social media platforms.
- Managing accounts receivable including processing sales and other financial transactions and receipting.
- Servicing MGAWA’s programs including supporting events, sourcing catering, managing registrations.
- Supporting communications and campaign activities including the creation and distribution of the regular e-zine.
- Assisting with event planning and management, including ticketing and receipting.
- Other reasonable duties as required.
View selection criteria here – 20180511 Position Description Office Co-ordinator Application Version
Applications close 5pm on 31 May 2018
Confidential electronic applications addressing the qualifications and selection criteria should be addressed to [email protected]
It is intended to interview short listed applicants during the week commencing 10 June and to announce an appointment shortly thereafter. Any questions or confidential discussions about these appointment opportunities should be directed to Robert Mitchell on 0407 092 311 or at the above email address.
Where appropriate, potential applicants may be referred to a MGAWA Committee member for additional discussion regarding the employment expectations of these new appointments.